Sunday, March 30, 2008

Finally Done!

I always seem to have projects in process. However, I have been wanting to get this chalkboard done for my kitchen for awhile now. I got the idea because I had an old shutter with all the louvers missing



Then I had Mr T. cut me some masonite to fit inside.



I then painted the frame and added the appliques. I mixed my own chalkboard paint since I wanted a specific color. Now I need to find some chalk. You'd think that would be easy, but I'm having some trouble. I'll have to try the the teacher store.




You might remember this candle holder I bought the other day. I bought it with the intention of painting it.

.

And here is the final result. I'm quite happy with how it turned out!



1 comments:

Alison said...

LOVE the chalkboard! That aqua is my favorite. The candle holder is so sweet, too. Awesome!