Monday, June 16, 2008

Score!

It's been another rough week with my back, but I finally feel like I'm on the mend. I just need to make sure I don't get over confident and do more damage.

Anyways, this weekend we went to Warsaw where my inlaws live and they had a village wide garage sale that they do every year. Well this year it was fantastic!! It's becoming a tradition to do this with my sister in law Karri and I hope we keep doing it every year. Plus there are a ton of flea markets in this area along with my favorite one because their prices are wonderful.

So here are some goodies that I picked up this weekend!

This is a grouping of the pillows and lace runners and doilies that I bought.



I just fell in love with this vintage apron. Aren't the colors beautiful??



This step stool is going to be just perfect in my outdoor room or garden with some potted plants on it. I don't even have to paint it!



I just love the patina on this small cart. Another great addition to the outdoors.



This stool is just gorgeous. I can't wait to recover the seat!



I have always wanted one of these magazine racks...but they go for quite a bit of money on ebay. I was so happy to find this at the flea market.



I've been saying that I need more clocks and even though it's plastic, I just love the green color!



This is just a fraction of what I got this weekend. I will post more a little later. However, I had to leave quite a few items at my inlaws. Yes, I endured quite a bit of mocking for all my purchases, but ya know what?? It was worth it!!! I got such great deals! The downside is that I really added to my already long list of projects. I am going to be Sherwin William's best friend!

When I got home, I looked at my roses and couldn't believe what happened over the weekend. Take a look!





Look at all the buds! I counted 30 and over 25 on my other rose bush. I am soooo excited!!



I was also tagged last week by Tales from an OC Cottage. So here we go...

Here are the rules:
1. link back to the person who tagged you. `
2. post these rules on your blog.
3. share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. tag people at the end of your entry.

Here are 6 unimportant things about me...

1. I don't like my food to touch
2. I can't move my pinky toe
3. I actually can believe it's not butter
4. I can now actually hear the Canadian accent
5. I love game shows
6. I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life

I'm not going to tag anyone, but if anyone wants to share 6 unimportant things about themselves, I'd love to hear it!


16 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, Kel you totally scored! How stinking fun for you. I love all of your finds but I think the magazine rack is my favorite. Too cool!

Art by Ronda Juniper Ray said...

Boy you have some SERIOUSLY awesome yard sale treasures!

And your roses are so fresh and gorgeous!

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Kelli great to hear your back is getting better.
What fantastic things you bought over the weekend.
Your roses are looking so pretty and how wonderful to have so many buds emerging.
Alison

candy said...

Loved all the pictures. The pillows are cute :)
Where are you from/living? Just wondering because you mentioned the Canadian accent...?
I am from and live in Canada. Right now I live in Edmonton, Alberta (home of West Edmonton Mall...the worlds largest shopping mall :) :) But orginally I am from Newfoundland, Canada...the most Eastern province, its a little island (kinda like Ireland, in Europe, in some ways and so the accent there is similar. People say my accent is a mix between Irish and Southern)
Hugs!!!!
candy :)

Rosy Inspiration said...

Wow, you did extremely well getting all those lovely things. The magazine rack can be a decorative item itself, it's awesome.Your roses look great, it's exciting when they have so many buds, isn't it?

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Hi Kelli,
Oh I wish I would have gone with you to that garage sale, a whole village, thats my kind of sale! I love the tea cart and pink ladder. I enjoyed looking at your blog and the roses are beautiful. Thanks for visiting me and by the way love your name!
Hugs, Kelly

Gail McCormack said...

Love your finds Kelli!!! WOW!
The Roses are just beautiful
Your tag was fun

Joy Jones said...

Wow!! You found some really great treasures! Love the roses too! Have a great week. ~ xoxo ~ Joy

Anonymous said...

I found your post while I was searching for Lace Runners. Wow, you got some beautiful items! And I love your roses, wish mine would do as well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli! So glad you stopped by! I love all of your finds and all would work well in the room I am doing. I need to garden today so decorating is on hold. Have a great day - Jeannette

Anonymous said...

Hi again, just wanted to say I am glad your back is feeling better; I've been there - until you have experienced real back pain it is hard to believe of awful it is! Be careful it doesn't take much to set it off! - Again, great day to you!-Jeannette

Donna Lynn said...

Hi Kelli! So happy to hear from you, thanks for coming for a visit!
I love your finds, woo wee, you really scored!!! The pillows are just beautiful and the apron I really loved!

The 6 things were so fun, my BFF, Victoria doesn't like her food to touch either! I did some weird things about myself so you can always read those on my blog sometime...
Glad your back is better, what a bummer when the back hurts, I always pray then dash over to the Chiropractor for his wonderful popping!!!
XO,
DL

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Way to go Kelli - that is some serious treasure hunting. I love it all but the magazine rack is a beauty.

Your roses are so pretty. Being on the other side of the world...or as some would say - on the bottom of the world, our roses have just finished blooming and most of us Aussies are pruning them back now. My rose garden looks so sad and dull. At least I can enjoy looking at your roses until mine bloom again in spring.

Hugs,
Kerryanne

Tracy said...

I love the pillows! Yard sale delights are the best! I wish I scored more often!

{oc cottage} said...

I think you need to find another word..."scored" does not even begin to cover it!!!

HOLY COW!

M ^..^

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are so on a roll, Kelli! Love 'em all! So glad you are on the mend,too. Awesome! Have a great day. :-)